NATURAL HAIR PRODUCT REVIEW

Hello ladies, so I have been MIA for a bit and I know some people have been looking for me😜, Sorry guys I have been quite busy lately but I 'm back now 😁

Its been almost 2 months since my Big Chop and I think my hair is doing just fine.
I have been getting so many questions on how to manage your natural and which products work best to soften the hair. Today I would like to address these issues to the best of my knowledge. The secret to soft hair it's nothing but moisture, once your hair is dried, it becomes strong and breaks. So if you can retain moisture somehow, you will have a healthy hair journey.

On starting this journey, I decided to buy some natural hair products to help make my journey easier, apart from the normal shea butter and coconut oil, I bought Cantu Products, ranging from their shampoo, Conditioner, leave in conditioner and Edge control. I also bought Eco styler Gel to help with styling my hair.

Now my personal experience with the popular Cantu;
The Shampoo and Conditioner felt good at first, not like I had any special expectations...it's just Shampoo after all. 
Then I went on to the Shea butter leave in Conditioner, I decided to leave my raw shea butter for sometime to be able to access how good my new products were. 
On applying the leave in Conditioner, it's felt really good on my hair even though I had to apply a handful but it really made my hair super soft and combing was fun. I was happy until I realized the softness lasted less than an hour. 
Then I thought maybe I need to apply more but each time I had the same result and I thought, oh maybe my hair dries so fast, so I applied more quantity each time and it left white particles on my hair which didn't look clean 😳 The white particles are even worse when combined with Eco styler gel 🀷🏽‍♀️. 
Then the edge control is just ok, nothing special. I end up using my gel to do the job of edge control because it just takes to long to set. 
I kept managing until one day, I went to a friend's house, washed my hair and wasn't with my hair products so I searched through and saw one mega growth product(deep conditioner I think), wasn't even sure if its meant for natural hair but I just used it. 
You won't believe how soft my hair felt through the day, it was at that point I realized Cantu isn't for me. Not only is it expensive,you have to pack so much of it at once and then it doesn't even do what its supposed to do. 
No offence but I won't recommend it to anyone, I would rather use raw shea butter and coconut oil.

I haven't been able to buy the Mega growth since because I ve had protective styling on so I cant exactly recommend either and I have no idea of the price. I only used it once so I can't conclude with that. Below is a picture of what it looks like that I found online. 
Do let us know what your experiences have been in the comment section below and also what works for you. 

 

Comments

  1. You r rily doing a great job!thanks for the encouragement.i too started with cantu product but I guess am having a rethink.the product is nyc but our Nigerian hair texture seems to require a more stronger product.i v made some researches and reviews about natural hair products.the problem is getting the product but I can advice the use of Aussie moist products,as I am products and shea mostiure if u can have access to them.cheers and thanks for your encouragement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for stopping by, appreciate your input. πŸ™ŒπŸ½

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *